This is kind of an entertaining story.
Billie has been kindly offering his hair cutting services for about a year now. He was known on his mission for his hair cutting skills with the other guys. He thought, hey, it shouldn't be too hard to cut a girl's hair. So after saying he was willing to try (a FEW times), I finally gave in and let him take some scissors to my locks. Keep in mind, he has NEVER seen a girl's hair cut happen, so this first try was without prior experience.
You may be wondering how the heck I let a man's man like my husband do this. Here was my thought process: my hair is (WAS) super long and I only wanted him to cut off an inch and try to do some layers. He can't do much damage, right? Also, I have an uncle who is magically really good at cutting hair and I thought if anyone would be good, it would be Billie because he is Mr. Detail-oriented and conscientious.
Here is the before:
And here is the after. Ah hem, the after after. As in, the after I got it trimmed up and fixed a bit by a friend. It's shorter than I was mentally prepared for but I really like it! (Please pardon the corny windblown look. This was NOT on purpose. My sister wanted an after picture so I took one in my car right after the trim in my hot car with the AC blasting. I wasn't going for the model look, I promise!)

It looks good! I like the sweeping bangs too. Not too bad for a guy. And Paige, what do you do to your hair to make it grow SO fast! I feel like your hair is in varying, beautiful lengths every time I see you and mine is always the same! Some hints would be nice:)
ReplyDeleteOh, Danielle, you are too kind! I have no idea what I do to make my hair grow. My daily regimen is pretty much wash it, let it dry on its own and then maybe twice a month actually blow dry it or curl it. So maybe the trick is to just leave it alone! Maybe easier said than done with different types of hair, but I'm all about keeping it low maintenance.
ReplyDelete