Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Credentials

Today was the day I have been anticipating. Today officially marks the end of my student life. Today I am officially a registered dietitian! To be a registered dietitian, you have to complete a didactic program in dietetics (aka major in dietetics for your undergrad), graduate, get accepted into an internship, successfully complete the internship, and then pass the RD exam. 

When I graduated college, it was great, but I still had to do an internship. When I finished my internship, it was exciting but I knew I still had a lot of work ahead of me to prepare for the exam. So, finally finishing this last step is HUGE. I'm so happy to be done!

This is what I looked like the morning of. Super nervous!

Billie took such good care of me (of course!). He woke up early with me and made me Swedish pancakes for brain food before the test.


Swedish pancakes with fresh fruit and Greek God's Greek Yogurt is maybe the most yummy thing in the world.

Then, after I got the great news that I passed the exam, we celebrated and went out to our favorite little place here in Salt Lake called Sea Salt and got a margarita pizza. I don't think this picture really does it justice, but it was so good!
 Billie loved it!
And,  we had the famous basil gelato. It sounded really weird at first, but it is a little scoop of heaven. How could you celebrate becoming a dietitian in a better way than with really good food?








Today was a GREAT day.

Speaking of great days, the very BEST day should be coming ANY day now. More on that in future posts!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I have had that pizza at Sea Salt and it is fabulous! Also had that exact greek yogurt for breakfast. We are like food twins!

    ReplyDelete