Friday, June 8, 2012

Let's play a game

What do all of the following pictures have in common?




A watched pot never boils, right? I distinctly remember hearing someone tell me that when I was a kid and I tried it and it's true! The minute you look away because you're sick of watching the pot, it will finally boil.

And when you're a kid, there's nothing harder than waiting for Christmas morning. My sister and I would wake up somewhere in the neighborhood of 2:00am and literally pray for morning to come. Hours and hours of barbies later, our parents would FINALLY knock on our door and tell us it was time!

Then there's fingernails. They'd never actually grow if you were waiting for them, but soon enough, they get to a certain point where you can't stand them anymore and chop them off. It blows my mind because the day before they were fine, and then today you decide they have to go. The same is true with hair for me. There comes a day where it just needs to be cut.


And then there's waiting for a baby. Officially being in my 41st week of pregnancy is a lot harder than I would have thought! We were told at 36 1/2 weeks that the baby would probably come within the next week. Then, just 5 or 6 days ago, we went into the hospital because I was having contractions 2-5 minutes apart and this continued on for 8 hours with no progress. We came home, slept, and have just been waiting ever since.

Don't get me wrong, we've had some fun! Parks, walks, naps, hikes, swimming, cooking, cleaning have all been on the agenda. I just really want our little one to be here and it's harder than waiting for water to boil, or waiting for your hair and nails to grow, or even waiting for Christmas morning to get here! 

We can't wait to meet our little girl! 

(Billie is the most patient person I know and even HE is getting a little anxious!)

2 comments:

  1. I totally feel ya. 41 weeks was no fun...but that being said, if I could have done it again knowing that she would come on her own in a day or two, I would have let her rather than being induced. Good luck, I can't wait to see her sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Paige! You're probably sick of hearing this, but she'll be here soon enough! You're always welcome to come hang out with Maizie and me in the meantime. :)

    ReplyDelete