Sunday, September 4, 2011

A short history

About two years ago, this boy
And this girl 

Met on a hike with a group of friends. This picture was taken on the break we took for lunch while hiking Mount Nebo. Notice how Billie is surrounded by all the girls. I will say, though, that Billie was the one to snuggle in with me in this picture, and I didn't mind.

At this very lunch break stop, Billie has his first memory of what I was like. As he was putting his back of trail mix away I yelled, "Who has that trail mix? I want some!" (silence), then "I KNOW someone has trail mix!" Billie then politely pulled out his trail mix, handed me some, and said, "Ok I guess we are all friends here and we're sharing. You could have at least said please!" I felt bad at that moment, but look at us now!

A year later, Billie took me back to Mount Nebo to propose. It was perfect!

And a year after that, two years after we met on Mount Nebo, we finally made it back to the place we met and got engaged and hiked the mountain with my cousin Ashley and her husband, Justin. We didn't get a good picture of Billie and I but here I am with Ashley. We love Mount Nebo and the memories we have there!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! How fun for you guys to get back there! If we were more in shape, I'd say we want to join you on a hike, but we're not. =) Best of luck in your internship! xo

    ReplyDelete