Sunday, August 12, 2012

Aspen's been busy baggin some Peaks!

Yesterday we took Aspen on her very first real hike. We've done lots of little ones where there's no real end to it--you just get tired enough and turn around when you feel like it. I thought I was finally feeling in shape enough to try out climbing a real peak. Turns out I still have a long way to go, but we made it to the top! We climbed Clayton Peak (10,721 feet). 

Here's Aspen signing her name in the book at the top. This girl is definitely her father's daughter--she absolutely loves being outside! She sits in her little Baby Bjorn and strains to see the trees, the sky, and everything else around her. We don't hear a peep from her when we're outside hiking like this. I have a feeling there will be lots of father daughter outings in the wilderness to come!




Billie couldn't resist the Lion King photo op. I love Aspen's face in all of these pictures!


Totally satisfied with her accomplishments.


No comments:

Post a Comment