It's a huge task to try to sum up my feelings about being a new mom. Everything I can think to say seems like it's either already been said before or the words just don't seem to do the experience justice. But I will do my best! I have experienced more joy in the last six months than I ever knew I could. I've also experienced more weight of responsibility, more realization of my important role in her life, and honestly more sleep deprivation than I could have ever imagined. I know I'm still new to motherhood so I feel kind of silly writing about motherhood as if I have any idea what I'm doing. There is truly nothing like having this sweet little girl in our family to love and take care of. She has already taught us so much. And the little thing makes us laugh! I've learned to love more than I ever thought possible, to truly care more for another person more than myself, and what true and pure joy feels like. I feel like I've had some pretty amazing glimpses into the love that our Heavenly Father has for us and for that I feel truly blessed. There are good days and harder days but at the end of those days, good or bad, when I look at my little girl asleep in her crib and ponder for even one minute about the love I have for her, I can't help but want to explode with gratitude, peace and joy. I am so grateful for the blessing and privilege it is to be Aspen's mom.
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Being a new mom
I was asked to write a paragraph for my church's newsletter about what it's like being a new mom. I wanted to put it on the blog so that Aspen can read it later and know how much we loved her from the very beginning!
It's a huge task to try to sum up my feelings about being a new mom. Everything I can think to say seems like it's either already been said before or the words just don't seem to do the experience justice. But I will do my best! I have experienced more joy in the last six months than I ever knew I could. I've also experienced more weight of responsibility, more realization of my important role in her life, and honestly more sleep deprivation than I could have ever imagined. I know I'm still new to motherhood so I feel kind of silly writing about motherhood as if I have any idea what I'm doing. There is truly nothing like having this sweet little girl in our family to love and take care of. She has already taught us so much. And the little thing makes us laugh! I've learned to love more than I ever thought possible, to truly care more for another person more than myself, and what true and pure joy feels like. I feel like I've had some pretty amazing glimpses into the love that our Heavenly Father has for us and for that I feel truly blessed. There are good days and harder days but at the end of those days, good or bad, when I look at my little girl asleep in her crib and ponder for even one minute about the love I have for her, I can't help but want to explode with gratitude, peace and joy. I am so grateful for the blessing and privilege it is to be Aspen's mom.
It's a huge task to try to sum up my feelings about being a new mom. Everything I can think to say seems like it's either already been said before or the words just don't seem to do the experience justice. But I will do my best! I have experienced more joy in the last six months than I ever knew I could. I've also experienced more weight of responsibility, more realization of my important role in her life, and honestly more sleep deprivation than I could have ever imagined. I know I'm still new to motherhood so I feel kind of silly writing about motherhood as if I have any idea what I'm doing. There is truly nothing like having this sweet little girl in our family to love and take care of. She has already taught us so much. And the little thing makes us laugh! I've learned to love more than I ever thought possible, to truly care more for another person more than myself, and what true and pure joy feels like. I feel like I've had some pretty amazing glimpses into the love that our Heavenly Father has for us and for that I feel truly blessed. There are good days and harder days but at the end of those days, good or bad, when I look at my little girl asleep in her crib and ponder for even one minute about the love I have for her, I can't help but want to explode with gratitude, peace and joy. I am so grateful for the blessing and privilege it is to be Aspen's mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautifully put Paige!
ReplyDelete