Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's Been Way Too Long!

I was typing in the url to get to our blog and my computer didn't even automatically finish the url for me....meaning it's been WAY too long since I have even visited our blog! There's much to be documented from the past few months. Here's the latest and greatest with the Smathersfam.

First things first...we are having another baby girl this April! Finding out that she's a girl has made it feel so much more real and I can't wait for Aspen and her little sister to become best friends (hopefully!)


We had another addition to the family this fall with Billie finally investing in his backcountry ski set he's been dreaming about for years. We're getting some great snow now and I know he's dying to get out there and try them out! He's a lot more excited about it than he looks in this picture. He's still in post-large-purchase-shock/disbelief/anxiety mode when I took this picture of him.


Aspen is stoked about the skis too.


We went and visited the fam in California and the poor little babe was throwing up the entire time. When we got home, she developed some really strange welt-like hives all over her body which is apparently normal for kids recovering from an illness. A few weeks later she had hand, foot and mouth disease which actually wasn't as bad as it sounds. Here's a picture of the hives.


I had to document how crazy of a mom I am in this next picture. Billie was gone for Halloween and I just never got my act together as far as a costume for Aspen. I borrowed a costume from my dad's house and it ended up being for 3-6 months (she's almost 18 months at this point) and so I squeezed her into it over her pumpkin Halloween pajamas and put on her butterfly boots. Because we were going to Chipotle to get a free burrito, I had to dress up too. I pulled out the old square dancing dress and called it good. Most moms these days post pictures of their cute ideas for costumes (which I would do too if I had cute ideas!!) and here I am looking absolutely crazy. Makes me laugh. Oh and that's a Halloween sticker on my cheek--something Aspen insisted I put there.


Aspen's first day of nursery was last Sunday! She was so good and had the time of her life. I dressed her up in her Christmas bows and Christmas dress and she looked like such a big girl! This was the best picture we got of the three of us before church.


One morning I came into Aspen's room and this is how I found her!! She took her pants off on her own and put them on her head. She had a look on her face that just screamed how happy she was to be so funny.


Aspen has been in love with tractors for the past few months. There's a big project going on close to our house and here she is with her buddy, Porter, watching the work. They sat there for at least 30 minutes completely happy. This is a miracle since the girl won't sit for a TV show for any longer than 2 minutes.

Not pictured: Aspen got to ride a real tractor over Thanksgiving thanks to Grandpa Millard in Wyoming. She was a little scared but as soon as she realized she could make it say, "beep beep!!" she was really happy and excited.


Decorating the tree this year was especially fun since Aspen could help! She really likes the tree but we are having some trouble not touching it! Understandably tempting for a one and a half year old.


We got to see Grandma and Grandpa Smathers' cabin progress when we visited for Thanksgiving! We are very excited for future cousin and family get-togethers on Casper Mountain.


This little babe!!!



3 comments:

  1. Yay another girl!! How fun! And I think your Halloween costume is really amazing actually. Who has that goodness just laying around in their closet!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She makes those bows look EXTRA cute! I can't believe she is already in nursery.

    ReplyDelete