Sunday, January 22, 2012

Look! I made this!

It was a really rainy/snowy day on Saturday and I decided to get my nesting on and I made this car seat canopy/cover. It was really fun and I'm excited about how it turned out. I'm enjoying my sewing machine from my mother-in-law! It's so great to not have to spend $40 for something like this and to have it exactly they way you want it. And I never thought I would be the kind of person to be able to do stuff like this but it's been really fun to try it out. 

Here are my special ruffly edges that took a loong time to make. But it's so cute right?

Our baby girl will be safe from the elements! (And in style too!)

Just FYI: I used this tutorial and made some minor changes to suit my tastes, but in general I just followed the instructions and I was happy with how it turned out. They do a great job of explaining!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Paige! Ruffles take fffoooorrreeeevvveeeer. But they turned out so nice. Definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete