Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ohh baby!

We had our 20-week ultrasound yesterday and everything is looking great. In fact, the ultrasound tech said we have a gorgeous baby. I thought it was funny she used that word. 

(Side note: I think it's really funny/adorable that someone who looks at black and white images of babies all day long day in day out can still laugh and giggle with excitement as they are chasing your baby around your womb with an ultrasound wand thingy. This lady was so fun and a little bit giddy for us. I loved it!) 

It was such a great experience! I had no idea that they can see the ventricles of the brain, the chambers of the heart, the kidneys, stomach, femur, and all that stuff. Oh, and, they confirmed with a 100% surety that SHE is indeed a she. At our last ultrasound, they were 80% sure because our little girl was being just too modest. Yesterday she tried hiding again (hands in between her legs, flipping around, kicking the ultrasound tech, etc.) but with some chasing, we were able to confirm the 80% to a 100%. That's always a good thing!

And, we got a great shot of her little profile. Isn't she going to be a cutie? That bubble by her lips is the umbilical cord. I think she has my nose...

Some of you have been requesting some pregnant pictures and I haven't done it yet because there hasn't been much to see. Yesterday, I had two people at work tell me they could actually see my belly! With that, I knew it was time to post a picture like this. Sorry for the awkward expression--I feel kinda funny taking these pictures, but it will be fun to look back and remember!

2 comments: