Thursday, January 26, 2012

I have found my form of steepandcheap

As you have all probably either noticed from our blog or observed in real-life, Billie really loves anything and everything having to do with being outside. The man is a geologist. And he loves the gear to go with it. Ever since I've known him, he's had a little obsession where he checks this website regularly to see what deals they have at that moment. Ladies and gentlemen: meet steepandcheap.com.



This isn't just a website that shows you how to find great stuff for great prices. Nope. They have a limited amount of supply and will only sell the items for a certain amount of time before the deal runs out. So the poor customer is forced to make quick decisions in a stressed state for fear of losing out on the DEAL OF THE CENTURY. This whole phenomenon of the way this site works and the amount of times Billie checks it is something I have never understood. That is until...

I'm definitely not complaining. He has found some great stuff on that site that I have personally benefited from. But I have always chuckled to myself when he gets all stressed out because the deal is about to go away in 15 seconds and he has to decide RIGHT THEN if he wants to buy it or not. More often than not, he decides not to get it, but sometimes he can't help himself. Who can blame the guy?

But, I have to admit, I've found my very own form of steepandcheap. It's called babsteals.com. I asked a woman at the WIC clinic where I've been working where she got her adorable diaper bag (side note: since when do I care about adorable diaper bags??). She told me, "baby stills dot com." It took me writing it down to understand that "stills" meant "steals" but I eventually got the picture. Gotta love Utah!!

Anyway, this site is awesome! It's a similar idea to steepandcheap but for baby stuff. And everything is 50% off or more (and so cuuute!). I haven't bought anything (yet) and probably won't really be addicted to the shopping part of it, but a little part of me just loves to check it everyday and see what's on there. I'm finally understanding Billie and his steepandcheap obsession a little better.

1 comment: